Ing Widya has retired.
However in part-time, he is still involved in some research activities
which relate to the European project
His current focus is on
In his research, collaboration with medical professionals plays an important role.
- requirements elicitation in telemedicine that aligns with the evidence-based way of
doing medicine, and partly on
- Quality of Data (QoD) of monitored clinical variables and their clinical abstractions,
including the impact of QoD on clinical interventions.
OLD PRE-RETIREMENT STUFF:
Ing Widya is an assistant professor at the
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS/EWI)
of the University of Twente (UT).
He is a member of the telemedicine
"Remote Monitoring & Treatment" (RMT) group.
His research is embedded in the projects of
the Centre for Telematics and Information Technology (CTIT)
of the University of Twente.
His area of interest is "Telemedicine on a sea-of ICT-services", particularly:
Topics of interest include protocols for clinical data & multimedia streaming,
control, discovery and hand-over, and also (clinical) data encoding standards,
end-to-end & multi-level Quality of Service (QoS) control, policy-based control,
requirements acquisition, and UML-based task models.
- the composition, coordination and control of application-layer
protocol components which services provide dynamic support to
- measurement-based multi-level Quality-of-Service (QoS) control to improve
telemedicine system dependability,
- stakeholder and actor responsibility modelling in telemedicine to explore
new patterns of treatment activity and protocols, and
- requirements elicitations in telemedicine.
||+31 53 489 3945
||+31 53 489 2287
||+31 53 489 2760)